Yoggie Security Systems has announced the launch of a groundbreaking concept in personal security appliances for laptops and PCs which allows user to access 13 security applications on a miniature computer contained in a USB stick.
Called the Yoggie Pico, this Linux based computer offloads all security applications onto the USB stick, allowing Internet traffic to be screened before its executes in a laptop or PC. Only once it has been cleansed will the content be allowed to enter the computer.
Yoggie’s new Yoggie Pico technology offers all laptop and PC users full corporate level Internet protection from all types of hacking, virus, malware, worms and other attacks- both current and future- while boosting computer performance by saving CPU , memory and disk space.
It is common knowledge that many computer users have personal details stolen identities cloned and work flow disrupted by hacking, viruses and other malicious attacks. These consumers are often protected by software-only security which is usually time-consuming to install, difficult to configure and manage and can also result in different programs conflicting with each other.
Whereas, using the Yoggie Pico, consumers are provided with access to a level of security previously only available to organizations like banks and government intelligence services.
The Yoggie Pico USB drive is no bigger than one’s thumb and yet it manages 13 security applications, including updates. It also happens to be the most powerful computer to be packed into a USB stick. The Yoggie Pico runs on an Intel Pentium level 520MHz platform.
The Yoggie Pico USB stick contains the following security applications:
- Anti Virus
- Anti Spam
- Anti Phishing
- Anti Spyware
- Intrusion Detection (IDS)
- Intrusion Prevention (IPS)
- Web and Mail Proxies
- Firewall (stateful inspection)
- Web Filtering
- Parental Content Control
- Adaptive Security Policy
- Multi-Layer Security Agent
- Layer-8 Security Engine
- VPN Client (PRO model only)
- VPN (available in the Pro model)
Listed below are the benefits that the Yoggie Pico USB Stick offers to consumers:
- A hassle free hardware-based security solution – does not require complicated installation and configuration – just plug into the USB port where it immediately begins cleaning all of the Internet traffic running to and from the computer
- Increases laptop/desktop performance by offloading 13 security applications onto one piece of dedicated hardware
- No need to install heavy software products that pop up with confusing messages
- Internet updates on an hourly basis, without disturbing the user or hampering laptop resources
- Prevents unprotected or unauthorized Internet access. By removing the Yoggie Pico from the computer all network connections are stopped
- For consumers, children cannot access the Internet without the security and parental control of the Yoggie Pico
- Protection from Web and Mail threats via one simple to use appliance
- Affordable centralized security solution – no need to purchase and integrate multiple security solutions
The Yoggie Pico USB Stick is available in two formats- the Yoggie Pico Personal for the consumer market, and the Yoggie Pico Pro for the enterprise market. Both of them hold a 520MHz CPU and a 128MB memory.
The Yoggie Pico Personal offers 13 layers of security applications while the Yoggie Pico Pro is part of a two component enterprise solution that offers an additional layer in terms of a VPN Client and also an interface to the Yoggie Management Server (YMS).
The Yoggie Pico Pro allows IT managers to control their traveling workforces by enforcing policy using the Yoggie Management Server. The YMS can manage up to 500 Yoggie units when they leave the safe corporate environment.
The Yoggie Pico Personal USB Stick carries a price of $179 with licensing from year two at $30, while the Yoggie Pico Pro retails at $99 with licensing from year 2 at $40. These two products will be available around Europe and the US from September 2007 onwards.