Vivo has come out with a brand new offering for the affordable market sector in the form of the Y55L. The new smartphone is set to hit stores priced at Rs 11980.
The Vivo Y55L is an updated version of the Y51L which came out in January this year. The new selfie-centric phone offers a screen flash feature to go along with its 5MP front-facing camera. The tool switches on automatically in low-light conditions to brighten up snaps taken in the dark.
Vivo is also touting Smart Split 2.0, a new-and-improved version of its split-screen multitasking abilities. If a user gets a text while watching something, they can quickly tap on the notification to trigger another window in which they can reply to the message without interrupting the video.
The company is also showing off a new Eye Protection Mode. The tool filters out blue light to prevent a person’s eyes from straining. In terms of design, the device combines 2.5D curved glass on its front panel with a metal unibody.
Take a closer look at the specifications of the Vivo Y55L:
– Display: 5.2-inch IPS, 1280 x 720 pixels
– OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based Funtouch OS 2.6
– Memory: 16GB, expandable up till 128GB
– RAM: 2GB
– CPU: 1.4GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
– Battery: 2650mAh
– Weight: 142g
– Size: 147.9 x 72.9 x 7.5mm
– Camera: 8MP rear, 5MP front
– Connectivity: 4G, VoLTE, A-GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.1, USB OTG, Wi-Fi, microUSB 2.0
The Vivo Y55L will be sold in gold and space grey options. Like we said above, you can snap it up for Rs 11980.