The Vivo V9 has made it to India, just a day after it got launched in Thailand and the Philippines. Its main claim to fame is its notch-centric design and AI Face Access, allowing it to copy the iPhone X’s looks and features, but not its cost.
Vivo has slapped a very affordable Rs 22990 price tag on the V9. For that much, buyers will be getting their hands on a 6.3-inch FHD+ phone with a 19:9 aspect ratio and a 90% screen-to-body ratio. The notch contains the device’s other highlight – its 24MP selfie camera.
This time round, Vivo has infused its front-facing snapper with artificial intelligence. Its AI Face Beauty feature refers to a database to detect a user’s gender, skin tone/texture, and age to output enhanced selfies. The tool can even learn a person’s customized setting preferences and apply them every time a photo gets clicked.
There are also some AR Stickers to play around with, just like Snapchat. The V9 has also incorporated AI into the 16MP + 5MP dual rear camera setup, specifically for bokeh shots. The smartphone uses an algorithm which in turn relies on machine learning to keep the foreground in focus and the background blurred.
Specifications of the Vivo V9:
– OS: Android 8.1 Oreo-based Funtouch OS 4.0
– Display: 6.3-inch 19:9, 2280 x 1080 pixels
– Memory: 64GB, expandable up to 256GB
– RAM: 4GB
– CPU: octa-core Snapdragon 626
– Battery: 3260mAh
– Camera: 16MP + 5MP rear, 24MP front
– Size: 154.81 × 75.03 × 7.89mm
– Weight: 150g
– Connectivity: dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, Wi-Fi, microUSB 2.0, USB OTG, GLONASS