The wait is finally over! Samsung just announced its new flagship, the Galaxy S8, on March 29, during their Unpacked event! And, like everybody was expecting, the South Korean manufacturer managed to impress us, as the handset is rocking an impressive design, not to mention the high-end specs and the camera setup.
However, there’s still one thing that we don’t like at all about the Samsung Galaxy S8: the price. It’s not like we weren’t expecting this, but it’s freakin’ expensive. Therefore, a lot of people who are planning to get it will actually opt for a two-year contract, because hey, the price is way better!
The main disadvantage of this option, though, is that they will be stuck with the same carrier for the whole period, not being able to switch carriers when they find a better offer or avoid roaming fees, when traveling.
But what if we told you that you can easily unlock your Samsung Galaxy S8 and forget about all these problems?
Basically, there are quite a few unlocking methods you can use, but unlocking it by code is by far the easiest and most reliable one. Here are a couple of its advantages:
- It can be done in just a few minutes. Seriously, if you’re quick enough, it takes less than one minute!
- You don’t need any special technical knowledge in order to do it, so anybody can unlock a phone with this method.
- You don’t need any cables or special software or to leave your phone to a shop.
- After unlocking your phone by code, you will be able to avoid roaming fees, by using a local SIM when traveling.
- You can sell the phone way faster, for a better price.
Ok, so now you’re convinced that this is the right way, but there’s one question remaining: how it can be done? Simple, just follow these three steps:
- Find a reliable code provider. After a bit of research, we’ve come across UnlockScope.com and UnlockUnit.com, which seem to be two trustworthy services, when it comes to providing unlock codes.
- Place your order. After deciding upon one of these two services, you need to fill an order form, with a couple of details about your phone, including:
IMEI: It’s essential to provide the correct one, since it’s used for generating the code. You can find it by dialing *306# on your phone.
The name of the network on which the phone is currently locked. Be very careful with this aspect, since you need to provide the name of the network on which you’re currently using the phone, not the one on which you’re planning to use the phone after unlocking it.
A valid email address. This is where you will receive the code.
- Insert the code. In about an hour, you will receive an email with the unlock code, as well as additional instructions, so it’s time to insert it, in order to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S8.
First of all, insert a SIM card from any network, except the one you’re currently using, in your phone and wait to see a message like “SIM Network Unlock PIN” or similar, as well as a special field for the code.
Using the keyboard, type the unlock code you received and hit the “Unlock” button. You should see the “Unlock request successful” message, meaning that you’re all done. Your Galaxy S8 is now unlocked and ready to be used in any network around the world!