Forget water beds or even swinging beds. Here comes the Magnetic Floating Bed. The bed floats in the air and can support up to 900kgs. It is held by 4 very thin wires. The Magnetic Floating Bed was designed by Dutchman Janjaap Ruijssenaars.
Sounds exciting? Well here is the cost. The Magnetic Floating Bed goes for a whopping $1.53million. Still sounds good? Well, then here is a list of things that will surely make you want to get back to your normal, fluffy, cozy down-to-earth bed.
- As you might have guessed, you probably won’t be able to have anything metallic in your house, once you’ve installed this bed. Your house will probably have to have a minimalist look. Or else everything will have to be made from plastic.
- If you have an iPod, it’s bound to be wiped clean with all that magnetic energy floating around your room.
- Using your laptop in your super cool magnetic floating bed is going to be a complete no-no.
- Better watch out if you have body-piercings!
- The Magnetic Floating Bed is not likely to be found in your usual mattress stores.
- Seven or eight hours a night in a strong electro magnetic field. Is that good for your health?
- What if the poles get reversed and you land up splat on the ceiling!
But, if you are really interested in defying the forces of nature with this magnetic floating bed, here is the www.universearchitecture.com official website for more information on how and where to purchase it. Happy floating!