Microsoft has at last decided to launch the latest iteration of the Surface Pro in India, nearly a year after it was first announced. The 2-in-1 tablet is being sold via offline outlets like Reliance Digital, Croma, and Vijay Sales, as well online retailers like Amazon and Flipkart.
The Surface Pro won’t come cheap in India, starting at a Rs 64999 price tag for the basic variant. This will net buyers an Intel Core m3 processor, an Intel HD Graphics 615 GPU, 128GB of SSD storage, and 4GB of RAM. The most expensive Rs 182999 option will upgrade them to an Intel Core i7 SoC, an Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 GPU, 512GB SSD, and 16GB of RAM.
Interested customers will also have to take into account the various accessories which are being sold separately from the Microsoft tablet. The Surface Pro Type Cover (Black) goes for Rs 10999, the Surface Pro Signature Type Cover (Platinum) for Rs 12999, the Surface Pen for Rs 7999, and the Surface Arc Mouse for Rs 6399.
Specifications of the Microsoft Surface Pro:
– Display: 12.3-inch PixelSense, 2736 x 1824 pixels
– OS: Windows 10 Pro
– Storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB SSD
– RAM: 4GB/8GB/16GB
– CPU: 7th Gen Intel Core m3/i5/i7
– GPU: Intel HD Graphics 615/620/640
– Camera: 8MP rear, 5MP front
– Battery Life: 13.5 hours
– Weight: 768g (m3), 770g (i5), 784g (i7)
– Size: 11.5 x 7.9 x 0.33-inch
– Connectivity: Wi-Fiac, Bluetooth 4.1, 1 x USB 3.0, Surface Connect, microSD card reader, Mini DisplayPort, 3.5mm headphone jack
The Surface Pro is more or less an updated version of the Surface Pro 4, with a longer 13.5-hour battery life and performance improvements. It goes head-to-head with Apple’s 12.9-inch iPad Pro which begins at Rs 63500 in India.