The OnePlus 5 has officially gotten hold of a new Soft Gold color option, days after the brand began teasing the model. It went up for sale in various countries on August 7 and is all set to hit India on August 9.
The OnePlus 5 Soft Gold Limited Edition will be available in small quantities at launch. It’ll only be sold in a 6GB of RAM and 64GB of ROM configuration. To recall, the company had originally announced that the phone would be sold in Slate Grey (6GB/64GB) and Midnight Black (8GB/128GB) choices.
Now the 8GB/128GB model has gotten a new color – Slate Grey. This particular version will go up for sale within a few weeks. All-in-all, consumers can choose between 4 different color and storage OnePlus 5 combinations. Prices remain the same at $479/Rs 32999 (6GB/64GB) and $539/Rs 37999 (8GB/128GB).
The Soft Gold shade looks similar to its predecessors and will probably appeal to those who like having a white and gold combo rather than black on black. OnePlus claims it takes over 180 days for it to create the matte finish coating, covering everything from diamond cutting to sandblasting. This may explain why stock is so limited.
Specifications of the OnePlus 5:
– OS: Android 7.0 Nougat-based OxygenOS
– Display: 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED, 1080 x 1920 pixels
– Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 two-lane
– RAM: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X
– Camera: 16MP + 20MP rear, 16MP front
– CPU: 2.45GHz octa-core Snapdragon 835
– GPU: Adreno 540
– Battery: 3300mAh
– Size: 152.7 x 74.7 x 7.25mm
– Weight: 153g
– Connectivity: dual-SIM, 4G, VoLTE, USB Type-C, Wi-Fiac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS