Samsung has launched two new portable media players (PMPs), which incorporate Bluetooth wireless technology. Dubbed YP-P2 and YP-T10, both the PMPs offer support for multiple Bluetooth audio devices simultaneously.
The Samsung YP-P2 and YP-T10 utilize Bluetooth 2.0 for audio streaming to multiple stereo Bluetooth audio devices. Whilst the YP-P2 can stream audio to three Bluetooth audio devices, the YP-T10, which is a little smaller than the YP-P2, can stream audio to two devices, simultaneously.
Reid Sullivan, vice president of Digital Audio & Video Marketing at Samsung Electronics America maintained, “Samsung Electronics is excited to unveil our next generation of MP3 players with Bluetooth that provides the ability to listen to your music with wireless headphones while also improving on the ability to take all your music, video, and photos with you anywhere.”
Below is little on each of them.
Samsung YP-P2 PMP:
- Features a 16:9 aspect ratio
- 3-inch display WQVGA display 480×272 pixels
- Touch screen display and accompanying user interface
- Weight: 3 ounces
- Dimensions: 3.9” x 2.1” x 0.4” form factor
- Delivers up to 35 hours of music and 5 hours of video time
- Comes in two capacities of 4GB and 8GB
- Available in 3 different colors, namely – black, wine red and white colors
Samsung YP-T10 PMP:
- 2-inch QVGA display with 240×320 pixels
- Weight: 1.5 ounces
- Dimensions: 3.8” x 1.6” x 0.3”
- Comes in a 4GB capacity
- Available in 3 different colors, namely – midnight black, mystic purple and white cloud
Both the new Samsung PMPs support MP3, WMA audio formats and WMV9, MPEG4 video formats. Additionally, they are packed with a built-in FM tuner, clock, text support, JPEG viewer and voice recording.
Samsung YP-P2 and YP-T10 PMPs with Bluetooth wireless technology shall hit US stores by September. No info regarding its price as yet.