Flipkart mysteriously dropped the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ a few days ago without any warning or explanation. It’s now changed its mind just as randomly, putting both phones up for pre-orders once again.
To recall, Flipkart had initially started the pre-booking process last week alongside Samsung and Airtel. However, this abruptly ended recently when the site began displaying “Temporarily discontinued” and “Sorry, we’re currently not stocking this product” messages on the handset’s listings.
Flipkart is now back on the Samsung train, as both the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are available for pre-orders once again. We’re guessing this was some sort of stocking issue which the retailer has now managed to resolve internally, although it would have been nice if it had communicated the problem to customers a bit more clearly.
Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+:
– OS: Android 8.0 Oreo-based Samsung Experience 9.0
– Display: 5.8-inch/6.2-inch Super AMOLED, 1440 x 2960 pixels
– Battery: 3000mAh (S9), 3500mAh (S9+)
– CPU: Exynos 9810
– Storage: 64GB/256GB, expandable up to 400GB
– RAM: 4GB (S9), 6GB (S9+)
– Camera: 12MP/8MP (S9), 12MP + 12MP/8MP (S9+)
– Connectivity: dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fiac, NFC, GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C
Most variants of the pair appear to be available on Flipkart, with the exception of the Lilac Purple Galaxy S9+ and 256GB Galaxy S9+. The Galaxy S9 is priced at Rs 57900 for its 64GB model and Rs 65900 for its 256GB one. The Galaxy S9+ ups the rate to Rs 64900 and Rs 72900, respectively.