From rumors to reality – the Samsung Galaxy S3 Premium Suite Upgrade has been officially unveiled by the South Korean conglomerate. The update is said to be a post Jelly Bean release packing in a host of new features some of which were introduced with the Galaxy Note 2.
Filed under Contextual Awareness, the Page Buddy option predicts the users’ requirement based on actions. For better understanding, it automatically opens the music player when the earphones are inserted. The apps list interface can now be sorted based on the frequently accessed ones. Owners will be able to tag photos with extra details such as weather, date and place, the moment they’re captured.
We now come to the enhanced set of features for the Galaxy S3. With the Premium Suite Upgrade, users will be presented with Multi Window capabilities. Through this, they will be able to run 2 different applications simultaneously in a split-screen view. The attribute is already available on the Note 2 and Note 10.1 as well as the LG Optimus G where it carries the cross-tasking moniker.
The new Auto Share Shot mode found in the camera’s settings menu does precisely what the name suggests. On pairing with other NFC and S Beam enabled handsets or tablets, the attribute automatically transfers photos and videos being captured with the device. Additionally, there’s a Reader Mode where the text size in the browser is automatically adjusted for clear visuals. For social networking buffs who want to stay updated at all times, the Facebook Lock Ticker provides them with the capability to embed their News Feeds onto the lock screen for quick access.
According to the Samsung Tomorrow Global blog, the aforementioned features are only the first of the many new additions that company plans on introducing through the Samsung Galaxy S3 Premium Suite Upgrade. Where a release date is concerned, noting is for certain as yet. However, these details should come about sooner or later. Also, the availability of the update is likely to vary based on location and local carrier.
Key specifications of the conglomerate’s flagship handset include:
– Platform: Android Ice Cream Sandwich; Jelly Bean update available
– Display: 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED 1280 x 720p touchscreen
– Processor: Quad core Exynos (global version); dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (LTE variant)
– Camera: 8MP rear-facing with FHD video BSI sensor, zero shutter lag; 1.9MP front webcam
– Memory: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB storage options, expandable up to 64GB; 1GB RAM (2GB for LTE variant)
– Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC, GPS with GLONASS, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
– Dimensions: 136.6mm x 70.6mm x 8.6mm
– Weight: 133 grams
– Battery capacity: 2,100mAh
– Miscellaneous features: S Beam, AllShare Play, Direct call, Pop up play, Smart stay, S Voice