Sharing the same processor as the Galaxy S20, the newly unveiled Realme X50 Pro smartphone has been announced with 5G support. India, Europe and China will be the first markets to welcome the handset.
Realme seems to be aiming for the higher-end segment with this launch. The device costs Rs 38,000, Rs 39,000 and Rs 45,000 for its 6GB RAM version with 128GB memory, 8GB variant with 128GB storage and 12GB option with 256GB space, respectively.
In India, it’s already up for grabs through Flipkart and the official Realme website. The mobile brand has made it a point to publicize it as the nation’s first 5G phone, never mind that the network is not even available in the country.
This means buyers will be using it on 4G bands, of course. Even outside India, 5G coverage is very limited at present. So Realme can stress on the handset’s Snapdragon 865 processor and its external 5G modem all it wants; there’s no desperate need for the latter right now.
Also see: Realme C3 With 5000mAh battery, Dual Rear Cameras, Realme UI Launched In India
As for the other specs, the X50 Pro is loaded with a 6.44-inch full HD display boasting of a 90Hz refresh rate. Its quad camera setup on the rear uses a 64MP main shooter, 8MP wide angle lens, 2MP depth sensor and 12MP telephoto lens. The front features a 32MP selfie cam with an 8MP wide angle lens.
Realme X50 Pro specifications at a glance:
- Display: 6.44″ 1080p OLED screen w/ 90Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chip
- RAM/Memory options: 6GB/128GB, 8GB/128GB or 12GB/256GB
- Main camera: 64MP + 12MP + 8MP + 2MP rear shooters
- Front shooter: 32MP + 8MP dual lens combination
- Software: Android 10 w/ Realme UI 1.0
- Battery: 4200mAh w/ 65W fast-charging support
- Others: Dual nano-SIM, fingerprint sensor, no earphone jack
- Design: Rust red or green color options, Gorilla Glass 5 protection