Almost everyone has experienced a situation when a mobile signal disappears or is unstable in certain areas. Let’s dive into common problems with EE signal quality and how to deal with them.
Causes and remedies for poor communication
So, all problems with an EE signal are conditionally divided into two categories: a weak incoming signal from the operator’s tower and a problem in the operation of the device itself.
How to fix weak signal problems
Mobile communication, like any other radio device, depends on the strength of the received signal: the stronger it is, the better the playback device works. For the distribution of mobile radio communications, base stations are used, located at a certain distance from each other. Ideally, the coverage areas of each base station should overlap slightly with neighboring ones.
We can mention a number of problems that usually reduce the quality of communication:
1. The distance between stations is too great. This happens in sparsely populated areas, and this is often felt by the owners of country houses.
2. There are obstacles in the path of the signal from the tower, for example, concrete or brick buildings, hills, and dense forest plantings. Such a problem can be encountered even in an apartment.
3. There are too many mobile gadgets connected to the same network.
As a solution to the problem, you can try changing the operator. For example, if you are a Beeline subscriber, try switching to MTS or vice versa. If the reception is equally bad, regardless of the service provider, the only option is to install equipment to amplify the cellular signal and the Internet.
Experienced specialists who deal with solving such problems often come directly to the facility and measure the level of the incoming signal using a special device and select the necessary equipment according to the ranges and power.
How to fix problems with your phone
If the quality of communication does not change from a change in location and its level is the same on the street and indoors, then the issue might have to do with your phone.
The most common reasons include:
- Tight mobile phone cover. An antenna is built into each device, and a case containing metal parts can easily cause poor reception. For the test, you can simply remove the cover for a couple of days. If the situation improves, it is better to replace such a case with a silicone one.
- Blocking the antenna with your hand. Tightly clasping the mobile with the palm of your hand, you can block the built-in antenna. To identify this reason, you should try talking using a headset or holding the device with your fingers. If the result is positive, then most likely the antenna is damaged or of poor quality.
- Damage to the SIM card. One of the options for why there is a bad connection is a problem with the SIM card. Often rearranging it from phone to phone or changing slots, there is a risk of micro-scratches and corrosion. To avoid this, you must remove the card with gloves on. Having identified the dubious state of the contact pad, it is better to contact the operator and replace the SIM card.
- Damage to the GSM module or cable due to a fall or similar impact, or moisture ingress. In this case, only repair will help, and it is advisable to entrust it to a service center.
4 reasons to ask for the help of professionals
Nowadays, users who face problems with mobile communication can always contact professionals. And here are 4 reasons to get the assistance of a well-known company:
- They will usually have a range of equipment kits for solving problems of varying complexity.
- Sale, installation, delivery, configuration, and other turnkey services are all offered by a single provider. Some companies will even install a repeater and other necessary equipment within one working day.
- Warranty for equipment and connection: A lot of good companies in this field offer equipment maintenance services on mutually beneficial terms.
- Some providers offer expert advice free of charge. They can advise you on all the issues of interest. They will also select the equipment depending on the requirements and the planned budget.
Which device to choose to enhance an EE signal
First, you need to check the quality of the mobile Internet from the operator in the planned location of the home network. If the cellular network is congested, you can not wait for a strong signal. Try to find a quality operator and modem installation location. Then you need to determine the number of devices which will be connected to the modem.
For a city apartment with a high signal level, both a USB modem and a router with the ability to connect USB modems are suitable. You could change the router if the Wi-Fi signal strength is not enough.
In a country house with a weak signal level, the best option is a Wi-Fi router with a built-in modem. Such devices have external antennas of different power to connect to the cellular network, which provides a high-quality signal. The quality of Wi-Fi will depend entirely on the router. So in this situation, be more careful when choosing a device.
It is recommended to use an external directional antenna which is connected directly to the router. When going abroad you might usually use the Internet from your mobile operator. However, the prices for data bundles are quite high, and local telecom operators offer Internet access at much cheaper rates. It is enough to use a mobile Mi-Fi router and one local SIM card. So you can connect up to 10 devices and always be in touch.