Panasonic has been plying Android fans in India with cheaper smartphones after initially offering the P51 at a price of Rs 20,000. We don’t know if that entry into the market was very successful, but turns out that Panasonic does know how to play.
The company has now launched the Panasonic T31 at just Rs 7,990. We’re yet to see it hit major online retailers like Flipkart, Saholic or Snapdeal. The rest of the Android handsets in the company’s portfolio for India include the P11, T21 and T11 priced at Rs 16,490, Rs 13,990 and Rs 9,790, in that order.
Quick glimpse of the T31’s specifications
– 4”, 480 x 800p resolution touchscreen
– Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
– 1.3GHz dual core processor
– 512MB RAM, 4GB ROM, up to 32GB microSD support
– 3.2MP rear camera, VGA quality webcam
– Dual SIM slots, 2G and 3G connectivity
– 1300mAh battery for 9.5 hours talk time on 3G
– White and blue-black color options
– Dimensions at 122 x 64.4 x 11.95 millimeters
– 120g weight
In terms of appearance, the T31 is perhaps one of the most unremarkable-looking phones you could come across. Even its features are nothing to shout about keeping in mind the fact that Panasonic has positioned it for the low-range segment.
It’s a good thing the company has priced it at the rate mentioned above. We can’t see too many takers for it otherwise. Also, where brand names count, others like Micromax, Lava and Spice have the bigger advantage.
While the Panasonic T31 may not be available online, mobile device storefronts across the country are reportedly stocking it.