Nokia has announced the availability of the new N77 multimedia device, in India. The latest Nseries model features DVB-H enabled handset that supports LIVE TV Broadcast on mobiles.
With Nokia N77, users get an optimized mobile TV experience in a gripping and compact form factor with all the Nokia Nseries functionalities. The device redefines your entire TV viewing experience is its small and compact structure. And what’s more it works as your portable TV…with you anywhere and everywhere.
Nokia N77’s live broadcast of TV programming at present supports 8 Free-to-Air Doordarshan channels in India.
Speaking about the new launch, Vineet Taneja, Director Multimedia, Nokia India maintained, “Television viewing has come a long way with close to 500 million viewers in the country today. With the growing popularity of mobile devices and its capability to offer instant access to information and entertainment, the launch of N92 and N77 will bring in the perfect synergy between television content and the mobile platform.”
According to Taneja, Nokia N77 incorporates a wide 2.4″ flat screen with up to 16 million colors and high quality stereo sound making it the perfect ideal personal mobile device for enjoying live TV and music on the move.
The Nokia N77 multimedia device has a special TV key, which gives users direct access to digital entertainment. The key even retains information of the last channel a person was viewing before switching it off. With just a push of a button, N77 makes it possible for users to set reminders for a particular program and have alerts for the show timings. The Program Guide in the mobile TV application enables users to view program information up to seven days, browse TV channels and select the TV program one is keen to watch. Furthermore, it also includes capabilities such as 30-second replay and live TV watching after replay, along with built-in interactive service functionality, like SMS voting for deciding what music video should be followed.
Features of the Nokia N77 multimedia computer are:
- Active matrix 2.4-inch QVGA color display with wide viewing angle: 320 x 240 px, up to 16 million colors
- Built-in DVB-H based mobile TV with internal antenna (470-750 MHz) and dedicated TV application for selection, purchase, and consumption of TV programs
- Integrated 2.0-megapixel camera (1600 x 1200 px) with up to 16x digital zoom, LED flash
- Digital music player optimized for music listening with enhanced on the go playlist management: edit playlists, add new music
- Stereo FM radio (87.5-108 MHz) with Visual Radio support
- 2GB of memory and integrated stereo speakers
- Up to 20 MB of internal dynamic memory for messages, ringing tones, images, video clips, calendar notes, to-do list and applications with hot swap microSD slot
- Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology (1.2) with A2DP support for compatible stereo headset with Bluetooth wireless technology
- WCDMA 2100 MHz with simultaneous voice and packet data (PS max speed DL/UL= 384/384 kbps, CS max speed 64 kbps)
- Based on S60 3rd Edition software on Symbian OS