Samsung Galaxy A71 fans in India will be able to lay hands on it starting Monday, February 24. Another big Samsung release, the Galaxy Z Flip is also set for launch next week. But it’s not like either device will be eating into the other’s market. The Galaxy A71 is priced at Rs 29,999 while the foldable phone is pegged at Rs 1,09,999.
The Samsung Galaxy A71 is a mid-range option playing successor to the A70. At a glance, it’s better looking than its predecessor and sports four rear cameras instead of three. The notch in the front display is gone. The A71 flaunts an Infinity-O Super AMOLED display of 6.7 inches with a punch-hole style front lens.
The photography capabilities of the Galaxy A71 lean on a 64MP main rear camera supported by a 12MP 123o ultra wide shooter, a 5MP depth sensor and a 5MP macro lens. On the front sits a 32MP camera for selfies and what not.
The phone is powered by a 4,500mAh battery with 25W fast charging support. It features a fingerprint sensor as well as facial recognition for quick unlocks. It runs Android 10 melded with Samsung’s One user interface and embeds a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor instead of Exynos.
Here’s a quick look at the Samsung Galaxy A71 specifications:
- Display: S-AMOLED, 1080 x 2400p resolution, 20:9 ratio
- Camera: 32MP selfie cam, 64MP + 12MP + 5MP + 5MP rear lenses
- OS: Android 10 with Samsung One UI
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 octa-core chip
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM, 128GB ROM, expandable storage
- Battery: 4500mAh, 25W fast charging
- Others: 3.5mm earphone jack, fingerprint sensor, face unlock
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, Wi-Fi, NFC, Dual SIM, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G LTE
Samsung will be selling the 8GB/128GB version of the A71 in India. The device goes for €469 in Europe. It’s not clear when and if the handset will be available in the USA.