NTT DoCoMo Inc. has designed the essential and all-in-one series of 3G FOMA SIMPURE handsets, dedicated to those who prefer the basic and conventional mobile phones. The name of the series ‘SIMPURE’ is a join up of the words ‘simple’ and ‘pure’.
The 3G FOMA SIMPURE series has two models, SIMPURE L, supplied by LG Electronics, is equipped with a 1.3 Megapixel camera despite its compact size and SIMPURE N, supplied by NEC, till date is the smallest of all 3G FOMA handsets at 92 x 44 x 19.2 mm.
DoCoMo is also positioning the SIMPURE series for second handsets used during international travel. SIMPURE models are compatible with DoCoMo’s WORLD WING roaming service for voice calls, i-mode, SMS, email and videophone outside Japan with the same phone number and email address used in Japan. The models work on W-CDMA, GSM and GPRS (packet data only) networks.
Features of SIMPURE L:
– 1.3 MP camera: Megapixel-level camera, inspite of a compact body. The camera rotates for photos from any angle and is equipped for continuous shots, zoom and flash.
– Big visible sub display: The 1.17-inch sub display has around 65K colors and photos taken with the camera can be viewed on the phone’s standby screen.
– Pictogram and emoticon predictions: Lists of up to 168 preinstalled pictograms and 280 emoticons linked to specific words can be viewed when entering text.
– Global roaming: Compatible with NTT DoCoMo’s WORLD WING 3G roaming service, which allows regular phone number and mail address to be used outside Japan. Other handy travel tools include a world clock and calculator for currencies, measurements, temperatures, etc.
Features of SIMPURE N:
– Smallest of all FOMA handsets at 92 x 44 x 19.2 mm (69cc).
– Stunning sleek design.
– Global roaming: Compatible with NTT DoCoMo’s WORLD WING 3G roaming service, which enables regular phone number and mail address to be used outside Japan.
– Character conversion: ATOK and APOT character prediction/conversion systems (by Justsystems Inc.) quickly convert Japanese letters into characters.