The Mac-based pen tablet that goes by the moniker Modbook Pro, will be giving mechanical drives a miss and will instead be loaded with an SSD. It is slated to hit pre-order status this week, while prospective users can lay their hands over the device in mid-November.
Claimed to be the ‘ideal portable workstation for creative users,’ it crams in the hardware utilized by the MacBook Pro featuring OS X Mountain Lion. The slate provides a multi-touch real estate of 13.3 inches and employs the ForceGlass pen interface complete with a paper-emulating drawing surface. Additionally, it is packaged along with a stylus from Wacom, offering 512 levels of pressure sensitivity.
A 64GB Nishara-class SATA 3 SSD with NAND technology is embedded in the device and users have the option to increase the memory capacity by up to 480GB using the Sanshara-class SATA 3 solid state drives. According to the company, an SSD helps the tablet to boot-up faster and is capable of handling files of any size. Moreover, the slate is said to be fitted with minimal moving parts to do away with the possibilities of data loss or corruption.
The Mac-based Modbook Pro price and release date are yet to be mentioned. It will go up for pre-order on October 3 and will start shipping in November.
– 13.3-inch ForceGlass touchscreen of 1280 x 800p resolution
– 512 levels of pen pressure sensitivity
– 64GB SSD (configurable up to 480GB)
– 2.9GHz dual core Intel Core i7 processor
– Up to 16GB RAM
– Intel HD Graphics 4000 chipset
– 63.5Wh lithium-polymer battery
– 8x SuperDrive DVD burner
– Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
– MagSafe, Gigabit Ethernet, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt ports
– SDXC card slot and audio line in/out