7th January 2007 saw the finals of the Logitech Crossfire Gaming Championship at Nehru Center, Mumbai, where the best in the gaming arena pitted against each other to attain the Numero Uno spot. Organized by Mid-Day, the championship was a three-day event from 5-7 January, where gamers battled it out in the four main games namely CS Condition Zero, NFS Most Wanted, Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne along with a Corporate Challenge- NFS Most Wanted where executives battled it out for the top spot.
In addition, there were three two on the spot competitions NFS car design challenge and Warcraft DotA.
The Logitech Crossfire corporate challenge had Games2Win, TravelGuru, Air India, Kuwait Airways and many more battling it out.
There was an exclusive section where several Logitech peripherals such as mice, keyboards, gamepads etc were displayed.
Below is the list of Logitech Crossfire Gaming Tournament winners:
- Counterstrike Condition Zero:
1. ATE – ‘Accuracy Teamwork Experience’ (ATE team – Ben Varghese, Amar Ratnam, Mikhail Mehra, Ritesh Shah, Hasnain Syed)
- Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne:
1. Sagar Vaishnav
2. Nikhil Bhasin
- Need For Speed Most Wanted:
1. Arun Singh
- NFS For Speed Most Wanted (Corporate):
1. Dhruv (Games2win)
2. Sunny (Wipro)
- NFS Car Designing Championship
1. Kris Fernandes
- Warcraft 3 DotA
1. F10 (F-10 team – Shawn Dexter, Anand Joshi, Surajit Roy, Nishant Patil and Vivek Kachara)
The Logitech Crossfire Gaming Tournament winners took home a prizes- worth over Rs 1.75 to 2 Lakhs, which includes game CDs, Graphic cards, Speakers & Headsets from Logitech, Nvidia, Cinemax, Radio One, Croma and Excel Entertainers.