Kingston, an independent world leader in memory products has just introduced a 4GB miniSDHC card, expanding the company’s line of Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) memory cards.
Currently available in Class 2, 4 and 6 speed ratings, Kingston’s 4GB miniSDHC card, is ideal for smaller-profile multifunction mobile phones as well as other digital devices that are available today.
According to Rajesh Panicker, Country Manager, India, Kingston Technology, “As sleeker, more sophisticated mobile phones, PDAs and MP3 players offer digital imaging, music, video, mobile TV and games, the need for higher data transfer rates, increased storage and smaller form factor expansion memory becomes greater.”
“Kingston is ready with miniSDHC memory to support the popular but storage-hungry advanced features of these next generation digital devices,” added Panicker.
The newly introduced 4GB miniSDHC card is capable of holding over 2000 images, 750 digital music tracks or 4.5 hours of MPEG4 video.
In case you are wondering about the speed rating designated to such cards; well it goes like this. Each speed class designation reflects the minimum sustained data transfer rate of megabytes per second (MB/sec).
Features and specifications of the Kingston 4GB miniSDHC card:
- Capacity: 4GB
- Dimensions: 0.84″ x 0.78″ x 0.05″ (21.5mm x 20.0mm x 1.4mm)
- High-Speed Class Rating: Class 2: 2MB/sec. minimum data transfer rate;
Class 4: minimum 4MB/sec DTR; Class 6: minimum 6MB/sec DTR
- Operating Temperature: -13°F to 185° F (-25°C to 85°C)
- Storage Temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Voltage: 3.3v
- Versatile: When combined with included SD adapter, can be used as full-size SDHC card
- Compliant: With SD Card Association specifications, Version 2.00
The Kingston 4GB miniSDHC card is backed by a lifetime warranty as well as free technical support.