The iPhone 5S and 5C hit shelves on September 20; meaning US Cellular loyalists who also happen to be fans of Apple are feeling a bit fidgety. The handsets have already reached other major carriers in the US.
Then they were announced for launch in 35 other countries on October 25. What’s more, Apple also revealed plans about the third phase of rollout for November 1. All the while, US Cellular customers have been twiddling their thumbs and waiting for word on when they can lay their paws on the new iPhones.
The carrier has now said that it will start selling the iPhone 5C and 5S starting from November 8. The iDevices are likely to have the same pricing as the ones vended by Sprint, AT&T and Verizon Wireless. T-Mobile offers the handset unlocked and unsubsidized on contract-free plans. US Cellular has yet to volunteer the finer details, though Shared Data Plans are hopefully going to be available with both smartphones.
iPhone 5S key features:
– 4-inch 1136 x 640p Retina touchscreen
– A7 chipset with M7 motion co-processor
– Fingerprint sensor
– 8MP iSight camera with f/2.2 aperture
– 1.2MP FaceTime front sensor
– 16GB, 32GB or 64GB at $199, $299 or $399, carrier-locked
iPhone 5C main specs:
– 4-inch 1136 x 640p Retina display
– A6 processor
– No fingerprint sensor
– 8MP iSight lens with f/2.4 aperture
– 1.2MP FaceTime front camera
– 16GB or 32GB for $99 or $199, subsidized
Confused about which new iPhone will be best suited to your needs? This may help. Or are you just hot for iOS 7? Or…were you waiting to see if the Nexus 5 will offer you a better deal for your money?