Idea yesterday announced the launch of two new smartphones in its range of 3G devices, in the form of the FAB and Ultra+ handsets. While both are dual SIM in nature, the former is an entry-level gadget and the latter finds itself in sub-Rs 10000 category that comprises of immense competition right now.
First let us take a look at what the Idea FAB has in store for us. Priced at Rs 4999, it proffers its visuals on a 4-inch display with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. At a time when other affordable devices are not hesitating to take the KitKat leap, this one has chosen to go with the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS for some reason. A dual core processor and a 3.2MP rear camera have also been granted to it.
Here’s a complete look at the specs of the Idea FAB:
– Display: 4-inch, 480 x 800 pixels
– OS: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
– Processor: 1.2GHz dual core
– Memory: 512MB RAM, 4GB storage (expandable up to 32GB)
– Camera: 3.2MP with flash at rear
The comparatively beefier Idea Ultra+ on the hand, comes with a Rs 8300 price tag. A quad core processor, 1GB of RAM and a 5-inch display is what you’ll get in exchange of that amount. Although this Alcatel-made handset runs the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS, an upgrade to the KitKat version has been talked about by the Indian network provider.
A quick glance at the specs of the Idea Ultra+:
– Display: 5-inch, 480 x 854 pixels
– OS: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (upgradable to KitKat)
– Processor: 1.3GHz quad core
– Memory: 1GB RAM, 4GB storage (expandable up to 32GB)
– Camera: 8MP at rear, 0.3MP at front
As usual, both the Ultra+ and FAB devices will ship with special offers on Idea 3G which will be beneficial to only those areas where the telecom operator provides its fast wireless internet services. The offers include a 1.6GB of 3G data and free Idea TV for 3 months (existing subscribers) and 1.6GB of 3G data and free Idea TV for 3 months (new subscribers).