The HTC Desire X lands in India carrying a price tag of Rs. 19,799 through a couple of online retailers. So anyone eager to lay hands on the device even before the official launch in the country can already place an order for it.
The Desire X sports a 4-inch touch display nailed across its front panel. It works on a dual core 1GHz CPU and the Android Ice Cream Sandwich platform blended with Sense 4.0. The onboard storage amounts to 4GB and additional hoarding needs are taken care of via up to 32GB microSD expandability.
We got a fleeting glimpse of the smartphone back in August and at that point of time, it was only known by the moniker ‘Proto.’ A couple of days later, HTC admitted that a new Desire member was indeed on the cards. The device is aimed at the mid-range market and the tag attached to it definitely asserts the same.
Snapdeal and eBay.in are currently vending the phone with a one year warranty. It looks like Infibeam also plans to offer the HTC Desire X in the near future, judging by the ‘Coming soon’ sign sitting beside the device on the product page.
Here’s a short list of the key specifications:
– Android 4.0 with HTC Sense 4.0
– 1GHz dual core Snapdragon S4 processor
– 4-inch, 800 x 480p WVGA Super LCD touchscreen
– 768MB RAM
– 4GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB
– 5MP camera with AF, LED flash, f2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
– 900/2100MHz HSPA/WCDMA (Europe and Asia), 850/900/1800/1900MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE
– Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA
– Proximity sensor, G-sensor, ambient light sensor
– 1650mAh battery
– 114gm weight, 118.5mm x 62.3mm x 9.3mm dimensions