Three is inviting people in the UK to make their directorial debut using the Video Highlights feature of the HTC Desire 500, a mid-range smartphone that has just been made available through the carrier. It is also up for pre-order at Carphone Warehouse through service providers like Talkmobile, T-Mobile, Orange, Vodafone and O2.
The network operator in question is selling it for £199 with the Pay As You Go plan or free of charge on contract basis under the One Plan with monthly rentals of £24. Then there’s the Ultimate Internet 500 data scheme that offers 500 minutes, 5000 texts and all-you-can-eat data for £21 per month without any upfront cost. Also, users can opt for the Ultimate Internet 100 plan similar to the 500 one, except that it provides 100 minutes and has a monthly rental of £18.
The Desire 500 flaunts a touchscreen measuring 4.3 inches. It is powered by the Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS tweaked with HTC Sense which tags along a lot of proprietary features. Dual camera, a quad core processor, 1GB of RAM, 4GB of onboard storage and a 1800mAh battery have also been tossed into the mix.
Take a quick look at the specifications of the HTC smartphone:
– 4.3-inch WVGA touchscreen
– 8MP camera with auto focus and LED flash
– 1.6MP webcam with BSI sensor
– Android 4.1.2 with HTC Sense
– 1.2GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor
– 1GB of RAM
– 4GB storage, expandable by up to 64GB
– 1800mAh lithium-polymer battery
– Talk time of up to 12.1 hours in 3G
– Video Highlights, Blinkfeed, Transfer, Sync Manager
The HTC Desire 500 can now be purchased in the UK via Three.