Welcome, fellow ninja enthusiasts. Are you ready to embark on the epic journey of Naruto Uzumaki, a young ninja with dreams of becoming the strongest Hokage? Look no further.
We’ve put together the ultimate guide on how to watch Naruto in order including the movies, ensuring that you experience this iconic anime series the way it was meant to be.
In this comprehensive guide, we will break down the viewing order of both Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, as well as the accompanying movies, OVAs, and filler episodes. So, grab your kunai and let’s dive into the world of Naruto.
Before you dig into the right order to watch Naruto series, it is essential to familiarize yourself with the structure of the Naruto universe. The series is split into two parts:
- Naruto (2002-2007): This part follows the early adventures of young Naruto Uzumaki and his friends as they train to become ninjas and protect their village.
- Naruto Shippuden (2007-2017): A direct sequel to Naruto, this part takes place two and a half years after the original series, following Naruto and his friends as they face new challenges and grow stronger in the process.
Table of Contents
The Essential Naruto Watch Order
To get the most out of your Naruto experience, follow this viewing order for the episodes (We’ll talk about the movies next):
I. Naruto (Episodes 1-220)
Begin your journey with the original Naruto series. While you may encounter some filler episodes (more on that later), the main story is essential to understanding Naruto’s world and characters.
II. Naruto Shippuden (Episodes 1-500)
Once you’ve completed the original series, move on to watch Naruto Shippuden, where the story continues with a more mature and powerful Naruto.
How To Watch Naruto Movies In Order
Throughout the Naruto series, several movies have been released. While not essential to the main story, they provide some extra entertainment, especially for die-hard fans. Here’s when to watch each movie in order:
Starting with the Naruto movies to be watched between the original series:
- Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow (after episode 101)
- Naruto The Movie: Legend of the Stone of Gelel (after episode 160)
- Naruto The Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom (after episode 196)
Here’s the Naruto watch order for the movies interspersing the Shippuden episodes:
- Naruto Shippuden: The Movie (after episode 23)
- Naruto Shippuden The Movie: Bonds (after episode 70)
- Naruto Shippuden The Movie: The Will of Fire (after episode 121)
- Naruto Shippuden: The Lost Tower (after episode 169)
- Naruto Shippuden The Movie: Blood Prison (after episode 221)
- Naruto Shippuden The Movie: Road to Ninja (after episode 271)
- The Last: Naruto The Movie (after episode 493)
- Boruto: Naruto The Movie (after episode 500)
Dealing with Fillers
Filler episodes are non-canon stories that don’t directly impact the main plot. While they can be enjoyable, some viewers prefer to skip them. Here’s a brief list of Naruto’s filler episodes:
- Naruto filler episodes: 26, 97, 101-106, 136-140, 142-219
- Naruto Shippuden filler episodes: 57-71, 90-112, 127-128, 144-151, 170-171, 176-196, 223-242, 257-260, 271, 279-281, 284-295, 303-320, 347-361, 376-377, 388-390, 394-413, 416, 422-423, 427-450, 464-468, 480-483
It’s up to you whether to watch or skip these episodes. Just keep in mind that some fillers might have entertaining content or stuff you might find relevant even if no one else does.
OVAs and Specials
In addition to the main series and movies, over a dozen OVAs (Original Video Animations) and specials have been released. While not crucial to the plot, they offer additional insights into this beloved manga/anime universe:
OVAs you might enjoy between the original series:
- Find the Four-Leaf Red Clover! (after episode 5)
- Mission: Protect the Waterfall Village! (after episode 101)
- Hidden Leaf Village Grand Sports Festival (after episode 141)
- Finally a Clash! Jonin vs. Genin! (after episode 196)
Watch between the Shippuden series:
- Shippu! “Konoha Gakuen” Den (after episode 245)
- Naruto Shippuden: Sunny Side Battle! (after episode 311)
- Naruto, the Genie, and the Three Wishes! (after episode 354)
- Naruto x UT (after episode 435)
- The Day Naruto Became Hokage (after episode 500)
Q: Can I watch Boruto: Naruto Next Generations without watching Naruto?
A: Yes, you can. But we would highly recommend that you watch the original series and then watch Naruto Shippuden, as Boruto is a continuation of the story and includes many returning characters.
By following our viewing guide on how to watch Naruto in order with the movies, you’ll experience the story as it was intended.
Q: Are the movies and OVAs important to the main storyline?
A: Although not essential, they provide extra content and entertainment that can enhance the overall sense of immersion in the Naruto universe.
Q: Is it necessary to watch the filler episodes?
A: It all depends on your personal preference. Some fillers offer interesting side stories and character development, while others might not be as engaging. You can choose to watch or skip them based on whether they grab your interest or not.
With this comprehensive guide, you’re now ready to watch Naruto in the perfect order. Immerse yourself in the captivating world of ninjas, and join Naruto on his inspiring journey to become the Hokage.