Wondering how to use FaceTime on iPad? Well, fear not as we’ll take you through the necessary steps required to make contact with loved ones. Corresponding with friends and family definitely doesn’t have to involve dabbling in rocket science. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. You’ll find it’s an extremely easy process especially if you accurately conduct the following procedure to a tee.
– What’s FaceTime?
Before diving straight into the calling and corresponding bit, let’s just shed some light on what this concept is all about. Well, it’s looked upon as a video calling software application that’s developed by none other than Apple. It was announced by Steve Jobs back in June 2010 and has since been incorporated in the iPad 2 and the new iPad as well as the iPhone 4 and the fourth generation iPod touch. Furthermore, this gem is also compatible with Mac devices. So if you and your significant others possess any one of the aforementioned devices, you all will be able to chat through the app for hours on end or until the batteries run out.
First and foremost, you must hit the concerned icon that’s located directly on the gadget’s homescreen. Once you’ve done that, you should be able to see yourself onscreen through the iPad’s front-facing camera. Now on the right hand side corner of the view, you’ll find a related column that will require you to sign in with your valid Apple ID. If you don’t have one, there is also an option for creating a new account right there itself. Either way, you would still require an ID if you wish to use the Apple software.
Once you punch in your email ID and password, hit the ‘sign in’ button located just below. The email address provided here also acts as your personal identity when you want to use FaceTime on iPad. Which means, near and dear will be able to find and get in touch with you using this particular ID. After you’ve signed in, the section that appears next lets you to alter your email address if you wish. When you’re done with your desired actions, choose the ‘next’ option located on the far right hand side of the screen. You may then have to verify this ID through a link that will be sent to this very same email address.
After managing to successfully complete the aforesaid procedure, you will soon be able to use FaceTime on iPad. Now all you have to do is punch in the email addresses of all your friends and family members out there. This can be done by simply hitting on the ‘+’ sign and feeding in the required details. Voila, you now have them stored on your Apple slate to communicate with anytime you wish. Then there is also the choice of catching up with the latest gossip doing its rounds around town by opting for your pals through your Contacts list. You simply have to hit the said option that’s displayed under the contact’s details and you’ll be talking to your friend in just a matter of a few seconds.
What’s So Special About it?
Well, for one, you can chat with your loved ones without installing any external software or using third party applications. Now besides just catching up on good old times with siblings or relatives situated around the world, it can also be put to various other uses.
1) It can act as a baby monitor if you possess any 2 of the following devices, namely a forth generation iPod touch, iPad 2, the new iPad, iPhone 4 or Mac. One can easily be set up in the nursery while the other gadget is near you.
2) While you’re out on vacation, you’ll be able to stay in touch with your children or parents to ensure them that you are safe and having a good time. What’s more, you won’t have to shell out even a penny and can save the bucks for the remainder of the holiday.
3) Relaying college or high school lectures to a classmate whose down with the flu or chicken pox is another great way to use FaceTime on iPad.
4) While you’re out on a business trip half way across the world, you’ll still be able to read a bedtime story to your little child.
5) You’re out shopping and need an urgent opinion from your girlfriend, what do you do? Simply pull out your iDevice, opt for her contact and chat away while showing her the various threads draping the mannequins standing pretty at the shop window.
6) Then there is also the possibility of learning how to cook through app. See how your mom or grandmother makes all those delicious treats even if you’re on another continent.
We hope our guide and tips on how to use FaceTime on iPad proved to be useful. Whether you want to chat with a cousin in Canada or an aunt in Brazil, you’ll find that the software in question will certainly do the trick. Setting up this software is as easy as 1,2,3. You’ll be able to get it up and running in no time. Do try it out and drop in a comment about your video chatting escapades.