Google and Motorola’s Nexus 6 smartphone which turned out to be a giant phablet is all set to go on pre-order on October 29. Priced at $649 (32GB) and $699 (64GB), this device will also be offered by various US carriers sometime next month. Let’s take a look at some of the key points you should remember before you place your pre-orders.
1. That above mentioned prices are significantly higher than the costs at which other Nexus handsets are sold. That’s because Google has supposedly decided to avoid subsidizing the phone this time around, with an aim of earning a profit.
2. 32GB and 64GB are the only two storage options, and the Nexus 6 of course does not come with a microSD card slot, so you won’t be able to expand upon that space.
3. This phone’s design is based on that of the Moto X, so it houses a metal frame, a rear Motorola dimple and dual front-facing speakers.
4. It’s a very large device, given its screen size of 5.9 inches. But a selling point is its 2K resolution of 1440p which is truly flagship-grade at the moment.
5. A 2.7GHz quad core Snapdragon 805 processor with an Adreno 420 GPU will be at your disposal on the Nexus 6. That is a lot of power for any kind of task you wish to run on it; rest assured.
Also Read: Google Nexus 9 tablet shows up on the Play store in India at Rs 28900
6. The fast charging functionality of this gadget helps it gain enough juice to run for up to 6 hours from just 15 minutes of being connected to a charger. Moreover, its 3220mAh battery is claimed to provide over 24 hours of use from a full charge. There’s wireless charging support as well.
7. The Nexus 6 houses a 13MP main camera with optical image stabilization, which should help fix your shaky video clips more than anything else. It does 4K videos of course.
8. Finally, this phone is the first one to run the final build of the Android 5.0 Lollipop OS, the exciting features of which are soon to be doled out to other smartphones.
Here’s a neat look at the specs of the Nexus 6:
– Display: 5.96-inch, 2560 x 1440 pixels
– OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop
– Processor: 2.7GHz quad core Snapdragon 805
– Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB/64GB storage options
– Camera: 13MP rear, 2MP front
– Battery: 3220mAh
– Dimensions: 82.98mm x 159.26mm x 10.06mm
– Weight: 184gms
– Connectivity: LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2×2 (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
So, if you’re intrigued by all these above mentioned points and are ready to splurge $649 or $699 on the Nexus 6, make sure you keep your wallets stuffed until October 29 when you’ll be able to pre-order it through the Play store.