You’re gonna need recipes for Eva’s holiday oven 2.0 if you want to muck around The Dawning, a fun event that’s available in Destiny 2 every single year for a limited period. During the festivities, you can earn rewards and special items while participating in activities, finishing missions, chasing bounties and much more.
But you first need to complete a few steps to gain access to the oven in the Quests menu.
About Destiny 2
Destiny 2: New Light was released in 2017 by Bungie, the developer team behind Halo, as a sequel to Destiny. It’s an online multiplayer first-person shooter which is termed free-to-play by the company but feels like a stunted version of the game if you don’t get the DLC or season passes. It is available for PC, Xbox, PlayStation and Stadia, and can be played in PvE as well as PvP modes.
Since the launch, Bungie has rolled out expansion packs dubbed Curse of Osiris, Warmind, Forsaken, Shadowkeep and Beyond Light. New expansions called The Witch Queen and Lightfall are scheduled for launch in 2022 and 2023, respectively.
What is The Dawning in Destiny 2?
The Dawning is an annual event in Destiny 2 that starts in December and ends in January. There is no fixed date of release; it changes every year. Considering that Bungie has not missed out on announcing the event since its first launch in 2017, expect it in 2021 too. The list below contains the complete collection of Eva’s holiday oven 2.0 recipes till date.
Eva’s Holiday Oven 2.0 Recipes For Baking Cookies
Comb through all the Destiny holiday oven recipes you want to, you won’t be able to bake a single cookie without Essence of Dawning. You need 15 of these per cookie recipe until you can fully upgrade your holiday oven. After that, only 10 are enough for each cookie.
How do you get Essence of Dawning? This Material Consumable is only available in The Dawning event during which you must approach Eva Levantes, an NPC Guardian Outfitter character, at the main spawn point in the Courtyard of the Tower. The Essence can be farmed by participating in relatively simple stuff like Wrathborn Hunts, Crucible matches, strikes, patrols, Legendary Lost Sectors and so on.
Once you accept Eva’s quest, you will be able to use the Destiny 2 oven to whip up cookies and other treats for the various NPCs and vendors who might gift you rare gear in exchange. So we’ve gathered together all the Eva’s holiday oven recipes you’ll ever need to bake a batch of holiday cookies in D2. The combinations you discovered in 2018, 2019 and 2020 will still show up in you recipes list.
Remember, each of these recipes also require 15 Essence of Dawning, or 10, depending on whether or not you’ve upgraded your Eva’s holiday oven –
- Taken Butter, Superb Texture – mix to bake Classic Butter Cookies for Eva Levante
- Any combination – Burnt Edge Transits cannot be created in a Masterworked oven, they will get you a refund of the Essence used when you give them to Rahool
- Ether Cane, Delicious Explosion – Gjallardoodles (gift to Commander Zavala)
- Cabal Oil, Sharp Flavor – Vanilla Blades (give to Lord Shaxx)
- Ether Cane, Personal Touch makes one Eliksni Birdseed for vendor Hawthorne
- Cabal Oil, Null Taste – Chocolate Ship Cookies for Amanda Holliday of the shipwrights
- Vex Milk, Electric Flavor – bakes Radiolarian Pudding for Asher Mir
- Taken Butter, Delicious Explosion – Give the Thousand-Layer Cookie to Riven by entering the Last Wish raid, going to the Wishing Wall and inputting wish seven. Get down to her chamber and interact with the glowing snow globe to complete the task.
- Chitin Powder, Sharp Flavor – creates Javelin Mooncake for Anna Bray
- Dark Ether Cane, Flash of Inspiration – Candy Dead Ghosts (gift for The Spider)
- Ether Cane, Bullet Spray – Blueberry Crumblers (Shaw Han loves these)
- Ether Cane, Balanced Flavors – Hot Crossfire Buns just for Ada-1
- Chitin Powder, Multifaceted Flavors – gift Bright-Dusted Snowballs to Tess Everis
- Vex Milk, Impossible Heat – bakes one Infinite Forest Cake for Failsafe
- Ether Cane, Perfect Taste – Gentleman’s Shortbread (for Devrim Kay)
- Chitin Powder, Bullet Spray – whip up Alkane Dragee Cookies for Sloane
- Taken Butter, Electric Flavor – makes Strange Cookies for Xur
- Taken Butter, Null Taste – Dark Chocolate Motes (loved by The Drifter)
- Cabal Oil, Flash of Inspiration – Traveler Donut Holes (gift to Ikora)
- Vex Milk, Bullet Spray – Telemetry Tapioca (hand over to Banshee-44)
- Dark Ether Cane, Impossible Heat – Ill-Fortune Cookies (present to Petra Venj)
- Vex Milk, Personal Touch – makes Lavender Ribbon Cookies for Saint-14
- Chitin Powder, Finishing Touch – Ascendant Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (bequeath to Eris Morn)
- Dark Ether Cane, Superb Texture – Fried Sha-Dough (present to Visage of Calus)
- Cabal Oil, Multifaceted Flavors – Hackberry Tart (for Benedict 99-40)
- Vex Milk, Personal Touch – Lavender Ribbon Cookies (give to Saint-14)
- Dark Ether Cane, Balanced Flavors – Bittersweet Biscotti (for Crow)
- Vex Milk, Pinch of Light – bake Fractal Rolls for Brother Vance
- Chitin Powder, Electric Flavor – Etheric Coldsnaps (gift for Variks)
Before you scroll down to see how to Masterwork the D2 holiday oven, here are the ingredients separated into Uncommon and Rare Kill categories, and how to get them.
How To Get Rare Kill Ingredients In Destiny 2: The Dawning
- Perfect Taste – Kill with Precision
- Delicious Explosions – Rack up kills with explosion damage
- Sharp Flavor – Cut down enemies with a sword
- Electric Flavor – Win kills via arc damage
- Impossible Heat – Score kills with solar-charged damage
- Superb Texture – Kill with supers
- Multifaceted Favors – Gains Multi-kills rapidly
- Pinch Of Light – Pick up Orbs of light
- Bullet Spray – Shoot down enemies with gun/riles
- Flash Of Inspiration – Create Orbs of light with Masterworked weapons or supers
- Personal Touch – Gain with melee kills
- Null Taste – Eliminate enemies with void damage
- Balanced Flavors – Kill with rifle, gun or bow
- Finishing Touch – Perform finishing blows
Rare Kill Ingredients (blue): These are harder to gather and require you to eliminate enemies in specific ways. They comprise of Perfect Taste, Delicious Explosions, Sharp Flavor, Electric Flavor, Impossible Heat, Superb Texture, Multifaceted Flavors, Pinch of Light, Bullet Spray, Flash of Inspiration (extremely rare, requires you to generate Orbs of Light using Masterwork weapons or supers), Personal Touch, Null Taste, Balanced Flavors and Finishing Touch.
Uncommon Kill Ingredients (green): These can be gathered more easily and consist of Ether Cane, Vex Milk, Taken Butter, Chitin Powder, Cabal Oil and Dark Ether Cane. While baking, be careful not to confuse this last ingredient with Ether Cane or vice versa.
How To Farm Uncommon Kill Ingredients:
- Ether Cane – Score over Fallen Enemies
- Vex Milk – Eliminate Vex Enemies
- Taken Butter – Kill Taken Enemies
- Chitin Powder – Exterminate Hive Enemies
- Cabal Oil – Defeat Cabal Enemies
- Dark Ether Cane – Kill Scorn Enemies
Q. How do I access the holiday oven?
A. Visit Eva Levantes in the Courtyard of the Tower during The Dawning holiday event. Then accept her quest to be able to access the oven and some starter ingredients from the Quests Menu in the Director. Hover over the item to see the instructions for opening it – this will be displayed on the lower right side.
Q. How do I upgrade my oven?
A. You can upgrade by baking each type of cookie mentioned in the Eva’s holiday oven 2.0 recipes list above. If you manage to make all the cookies by prioritizing this activity over Eva’s quests, you will be able to Masterwork the holiday oven quickly and reduce the cost of baking because you will need only 10 (instead of 15) Essence of Dawning to whip up each cookie or confection.
Q. How do I bake in my Eva’s Oven?
A. If you’re wondering ‘How do I use my Eva Levantes oven?’, check out the above step-by-step guide with recipes. TLDR? Find Levantes in The Dawning, accept her quest and then look in the Quests Tab of the Director. You will find the Holiday Oven 2.0 nestled there. Hover over it for instructions to access it. Open it and start baking!
Q. How do you bake etheric cold snaps in D2?
A. Etheric Cold Snaps can be baked for Variks with Electric Flavor, Chitin Powder, and 15 or 10 Essences (depending on your oven build). The first is a Rare Kill ingredient obtained via arc kills with either class abilities or elemental weapons. The second one can be farmed by eliminating Hive enemies.
Q. What do I do with my Eva’s holiday oven?
A. In case you’re asking why the item is still in your inventory stash way past the holiday event, the developers at Bungie are trying to fix this via an update. If you want to know how to use it, we’ve explained it in detail above.
This article is regularly updated when new recipes and other relevant content is available. We are currently in Season of the Splicer, with Destiny 2 Season 15 expected to be launched in August 2021. So stay tuned!