Samsung’s officially launched a brand new Black Pearl color variant of the Galaxy S7 Edge, bringing the total number of options to 7. It’s also brought the Blue Coral variant to India about a month after the iteration came out.
The Black Pearl Galaxy S7 Edge had been widely leaked before its arrival, with many alleging that the fresh choice is meant to rival the iPhone 7’s glossy Jet Black color. The new tint certainly invites comparisons to the Apple product with its sleek and shiny coat. It’s meant to evoke quality and luxury, with the finish seamlessly covering the entire device.
Samsung is notably restricting the color to the 128GB version of the Galaxy S7 Edge. The company is putting it up for sale in select markets starting from December 9. South Korea will be one of the first to get the phone. It’ll be priced at KRW 1012000 (about Rs 59000).
A quick summary of the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge’s specs:
– OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
– Display: 5.5-inch dual edge AMOLED, QHD 1440 x 2560 pixels
– CPU: Octa core Exynos 8890 (4 x 2.3GHz custom cores + 4 x 1.6GHz Cortex-A53 cores)
– GPU: Mali-T880 MP12
– Camera: 12MP rear, 5MP front
– Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB/128GB storage (expandable up to 200GB)
– Battery: 3600mAh
– Dimensions: 150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7mm
– Weight: 157gms
– Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, NFC, A-GPS, Bluetooth v4.2
The Galaxy S7 Edge is also available in Black Onyx, Gold Platinum, White Pearl, Silver Titanium, Pink Gold, and Blue Coral shades. Speaking of the last, it’s set to hit India on December 15 in its 32GB avatar. It’ll be vended via offline and online retailers at Rs 50900.