AT&T has officially revealed that the Samsung Galaxy S3 has received a price cut, as we wait on a launch for the S4. Those interested in a slightly older model can pick up the S3 for just about $99 on the aforesaid carrier. Incidentally, the same revised MRP also comes to Sprint, down from its regular pegging of about $550. Of course, this listing is for the 16GB version; the 32GB variant is selling for approximately $150.
The phone was released in May last year and shot up the ranks, gaining popularity quickly. It was launched with Android Ice Cream Sandwich, but as time went by, various carriers started rolling out Jelly Bean updates with added functionality and ironed out features. In fact, the manufacturer itself had a Premium Suite upgrade with the Note line’s multi-window trait.
A 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display brings content to users at a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. Internal memory can be complimented by up to 64GB of additional storage via a microSD card slot, while 1GB of RAM (2GB for the LTE version) helps out the processor. Speaking of which, the global version of the handset has a quad core Exynos chip, but the LTE variant gets by with a dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 CPU.
The GS3 may not have as many software highlights as the S4, but it does have a quick-response 8MP primary camera with auto focus, flash and a BSI sensor. There’s also a 1.9MP webcam on the front and standard connectivity options. Finally, a 2,100mAh battery provides power to the device.
So as it stands, the Samsung Galaxy S3 is available for a reduced price on a few carriers, in anticipation of the next flagship from the South Korean company. On AT&T this amounts to an instant $100 reduction, according to CNET, while it should be noted that the deal on Sprint only runs until April 11, 2013.
Take a look at the handset’s specifications we’ve listed out below.
– Platform: Android Jelly Bean
– Display: 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED 1280 x 720p touch screen
– Processor: Quad core Exynos (global version); dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (LTE variant)
– Camera: 8MP rear-facing with FHD video, BSI sensor, zero shutter lag; 1.9MP front webcam
– Memory: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB storage options, expandable by up to 64GB
– RAM: 1GB (2GB for LTE variant)
– Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS with GLONASS, NFC
– Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 millimeters
– Weight: 133 grams
– Battery capacity: 2,100mAh
– Miscellaneous features: S Beam, S Voice, Smart stay, AllShare Play, Direct call, Pop up play