The bad news is that the Samsung Ativ Smart PC AT&T release date has not been announced and the good news is that we know it’s coming at least. So far, we’ve only got a vague statement saying the tablet will be out in time for the holiday season.
The Windows 8 slab is mainly designed to deliver a convenient option to those looking for the sort of form factor made famous by the Asus Transformer series. The former serves as a regular tablet when it’s not attached to the accompanying keyboard dock. The aforesaid peripheral transforms the Samsung Ativ Smart PC into a clamshell notebook. The device comes with an 11.6″ PLS touch display and accepts digitizer pen, multi-touch or keyboard input.
The Ativ slate works on a dual core Intel Clover Trail chip, uses 2GB LPDDR system memory and renders 64GB internal space. The carrier is also hauling the Asus VivoTab RT onboard. Ativ (reverse for vita) and VivoTab on AT&T – Windows 8 tablets really seem to be living it up these days. And then there’s the Galaxy Camera, Lumia 920 as well as Lumia 820 Windows Phone devices in line too. Well, we must say, the service provider’s portfolio certainly seems to be getting very colorful.
The Samsung Ativ Smart PC AT&T release date and price details should arrive within a few weeks. So far, the only information which has been given out is the fact that customers will be able to hook up the tablet with the network provider’s new Mobile Share plans starting at $10 per month.
Take a quick look at the specifications:
– Microsoft Windows 8 OS
– Intel Clover Trail dual core 1.5GHz processor
– 11.6-inch, 1366 x 768, 400nit PLS touchscreen
– Intel SGX545 graphics processor
– 64GB onboard storage
– 2GB LPDDR RAM
– 8MP rear and 2MP front cameras
– Input options: multi-touch, stylus, attachable keyboard
– WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, optional 4G/LTE or 3G
– mHDMI, microSD, USB 2.0 I/O
– 31Wh capacity battery, 9.4 hours video playback
– Weight: 750g
– Dimensions: 304mm x 189.4mm x 9.9mm w/o keyboard