Asus is getting ready to launch the ZenFone AR in India, several months after showing off the handset at CES 2017. The brand’s begun teasing the handset on Twitter ahead of a July 13 launch date.
No cost or availability information was provided alongside the date. Asus recently unveiled the handset in Malaysia, revealing that it would be slapped with a RM 3799 (approx Rs 57250) price tag. It’s definitely an expensive proposition, but that’s to be expected given its status as the first phone in the world to support both Google Tango and Daydream.
The Google Tango platform handles augmented reality, while Daydream takes care of virtual reality. Together, the two should be more than enough to help you escape into alternate dimensions and see the world through digitally enhanced eyes.
Google recently began selling its Daydream View VR headset in India. The accessory sets buyers back by Rs 6499, so you might have to add that to your list of expenses if you’re thinking of purchasing the ZenFone AR.
Specifications of the Asus ZenFone AR at a glance:
– Display: 5.7-inch Super AMOLED, 2560 x 1440 pixels
– OS: Android 7.0 Nougat-based ZenUI 3.0
– Storage: 32GB/64GB/128GB/256GB, expandable up to 2TB
– RAM: 6GB/8GB
– CPU: 2.35GHz quad-core Snapdragon 821
– GPU: Adreno 530
– Camera: 23MP rear, 8MP front
– Battery: 3200mAh
– Weight: 170g
– Size: 6.24 x 3.05 x 0.18-inch
– Connectivity: 4G, dual-SIM, Wi-Fiac, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
Other than India, the Asus ZenFone AR is due for a US release as well. We’ll keep you updated the moment more details go public.