Microsoft has launched the next generation of Windows Live, which provides users around the world with a new set of tools and services that aid in communicating and sharing content with others from anywhere they have Web access across multiple devices.
The upgraded Windows Live service also offers built-in security features that allow consumers to use the service with confidence.
“With over 400 million customers using the service today, we have a real opportunity to help consumers connect their online experiences, devices and networks in new and powerful ways. This new generation of Windows Live brings great enhancements to popular services like Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger and Windows Live Spaces while introducing new, fun experiences with digital photos, planning and sharing events, publishing to the Web, and keeping in touch with friends that we think our customers will really enjoy,” said Chris Jones, corporate vice president of Windows Live Experience Program management at Microsoft.
Listed below are the features of the upgraded next-generation version of Windows Live:
Windows Live Mail- This desktop mail application provides users with easy access to their Hotmail account, the ability to aggregate multiple inboxes from other accounts such as AOL and Gmail and combine multiple contact lists into one, and simple access using a mobile phone. With the new @live.com email address space, consumers have an opportunity for a new, cool email address.
– Windows Live Messenger. Next-generation instant messaging with sharing, video calling and voice over Internet protocol capabilities makes communication easier, more personal and more fun.
– Windows Live Spaces. Users can make memories with family and friends by creating photo albums, blogs, lists of favorites and links to personal videos.
– Windows Live Photo Gallery. This is a complete solution for finding, fixing, organizing and sharing your photos and videos, as well as uploading them to Windows Live Spaces, Flickr or Soapbox on MSN Video with just a few clicks.
– Windows Live Events. This free event-planning, invitation and community-building application enables Windows Live customers to conveniently plan all the events in their lives, and to share photos and stories before, during and after those events.
– Windows Live Writer. This powerful software plus services application allows users to create and publish rich content to Windows Live Spaces and other blogging services, with a “what-you-see-is-what-you-get” (WYSIWYG) editor that makes it simple to add photos, maps, tags and more.
– Windows Live for Windows Mobile. This provides rich client-based or browser-based access to Windows Live from a Windows Mobile-based device, including Windows Live Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Spaces and more.
– Safety. Enjoy a worry-free computing experience with built-in safety features.
– Windows Live OneCare Family Safety. This provides tools to help parents protect children from inappropriate online content and contacts.